GRILLED CHICKEN STREET TACOS
1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
20-22 mini white corn tortillas , warmed on a skillet*
Pico de gallo
1 /2 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
fresh lime juice
hot sauce , optional (our favorite for Mexican food is Valentina)
sour cream , optional
For the Marinade:
4 Tablespoons orange juice
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1½ Tablespoons lime juice
3 cloves garlic , minced
1½ Tablespoons ancho chili powder or chipotle chili powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
2 teaspoons paprika
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
- Make chicken marinade by combining all marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Add chicken thighs.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill over medium-hight heat. Oil the grill with canola oil or spray generously with cooking spray. Remove chicken with marinade and place on hot grill.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping once (thickest part of the chicken thigh should register about 165 degrees).
- Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for a few minutes before chopping into small pieces.
- Layer two warmed mini corn tortillas together. Top with chopped chicken, pico de gallo, cilantro, hot sauce, and sour cream (optional). Spritz with a little bit of lime juice. Serve immediately.
- Serve with a side of Mexican Rice or another Mexican side dish.
*you don’t have to double-up on the tortillas to serve them. If you choose not to, then you only need about 10-12.
Tips for making perfect street tacos are listed above in the post!